[csw-maintainers] Symbols information and checkpkg database

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Apr 2 20:44:42 CEST 2013

2013/4/2 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> If this precludes the usage of the tool outside of the current
> build-farm I'm speaking up my war opposition...

It allows you to use it outside the buildfarm, but it forces you to
set up it the same way, meaning you need to run pkgdb
system-files-to-file, pkgdb import-system-file and pkgdb
sync-catalogs-from-tree. Your buildfarm was set up this way I think,
is that correct?

The new required piece will be the requirement to configure a web
server to run the REST API. I plan to gradually move all the
tool-to-db interaction off the database driver and into HTTP.