[csw-maintainers] Last remaining packages for the openssl migration

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 7 12:27:24 CEST 2013

Hi Yann,

Am 07.04.2013 um 12:08 schrieb Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I checked the status of the libssl update (0.9.8 -> 1.0.0) and began to work on updating a lot of these packages so this whole migration is behind us.
> Here are the remaing packages, sorted by maintainer, that need to be updated before we can complete the migration.
>
> Alessio Cervellin ( Retired )
> nmap: I rebuilt it with it fails under sparc. Following Dago's comment, I will drop it unless someone objects.
>             The recipe will still be there if someone wants to work on it.

It would be something worthwhile, but I don't feel competent enough to do it on my
own. If maybe some others chime in I'd like to take a stab, though.

> Andy Igoshin
> nginx: Dago, you already updated the recipe. Can you update a release a new package ?

Yes, will do.

> Benny von Mossner ( Sabbatical )
> pound and pound2: Dago is working on this ones.
>
> Ben Walton
> libruby1_9_1_1 and ruby18: Ben will work soon on updating these packages.
>
> Chad Harp ( Sabbatical )
> gadu: this is a library without reverse dependency. I will drop it unless someone objects.
>
> Cyrus Mehta ( Missing )
> monit: Jorgen might work on it (Jurgen ?). If not, I will release a package

Jürgen :-)

> Dagobert Michelsen
> libarchive2 and libarchive_utils:  Dago takes care of it.
> libfbopenssl0:  I rebuilt it but I don't know how to test it.
> libneon26_feature: I think this package can be dropped. It doesn't have any real reverse depenency. Dago what do you think ?

Yes, and also drop neon_stub and libneon26.

> lynx: I already updated the recipe and tested the package. I can directly upload the package if you want. Are you ok with this Dago ?

Please do. I committed some cosmetical changes to the recipe I already did.

> pm_netssleay: Dago takes care of it.
> py_m2crypto: Dago takes care of it.
> rdesktop: Dago takes care of it.
>
> Darin Perusich
> conserver: I rebuilt a package close to the current one. I will mail Darin before uploading it.
>
> Ihsan Dogan
> ldnsdrill: this library doesn't have any reverse dependency. Ihsan, can we drop this one ?
> unbound_host, libunbound2 and unbound: Ihsan should take care of it
>
> Jake Goerzen:
> flphoto and gftp: Jake, can you update these packages or do you think we can drop them ?
>
> James Lee:
> fetchmail: I didn't have the time to work on it. Someone interested ?

I did a recipe which looks ready for release, but someone should test it.

> Jon Craig:
> ntop: I updated the recipe but it breaks existing installation because of the gdbm update.
>           Jon, do you intend to work on it ?
>
> Ken Mays ( Retired )
> gimpprint: Dago suggested to drop this package, but it means that we drop gimp as well. I intend to do that as gimp doesn't have any active maintainer. Any objection ?

/me scratches head. I think I worked on some of the dependencies, but I can't remember
needing gimp, so it is probably ok.

> Only 26 packages remaining ! We can make it ! :)

OpenCSW FTW!!