[csw-maintainers] NMUs, non-maintainer uploads

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Apr 12 21:10:07 CEST 2013

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 12.04.2013 um 20:45 schrieb Peter FELECAN:
>> Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org> writes:
>>> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/database/mysql-server-5.5

>>> The maintainers's information is located in the debian/control file, in the
>>> source package.
>>
>> Our "control" file is the recipe, i.e., the Makefile. Having a variable
>> containing a list of maintainers seems to be a nice addition. What Dag
>> thinks about this?
>
> I am ok with this.
>   MAINTAINED_BY += pfelecan
>   MAINTAINED_BY += dam
>
> How would a workflow look like?

In the pkginfo file we have this:

VENDOR=http://leocad.googlecode.com/files/ packaged for CSW by Peter Felecan
EMAIL=pfelecan at opencsw.org

We should have:

VENDOR=http://leocad.googlecode.com/files/
EMAIL=pfelecan at opencsw.org
OPENCSW_MAINTAINERS=Peter Felecan, Dagobert Michelsen

The last variable contain the values of the multi-valuated attribute
"maintainer". The user uploading the package is the value of the
attribute "NMU" --- when I'm writing about "attribute" I'm thinking to
the packages database schema.

The variable in the pkginfo file is generated at packaging time.

The attributes are valuated at upload time.

Does it seems reasonable?

What thinks our data-base czar but not less enlightened colleague? :-)
--
Peter