[csw-maintainers] GAR branches

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Apr 18 10:29:55 CEST 2013

Added my comments and added Cc: to people who need to respond.

2013/4/17 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>:
>> bts/
>
> I am working on this one for bratislava, it should allow modifying
> prefix and install location.

We will have to periodically rebase it if we don't want to go insane.

>> v1/
>
> This is a tag of the old release, it should stay for reference.

Fair enough. Does it have to stay here? Maybe we can create something
like the tags directory? Branches imply people are working on
something.

>> v2-bwalton/
>
> This contains changes to makepatch. Ben?
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset?new=10017%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2-bwalton&old=9772%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2
>

>> v2-fortran/
>
> I think this was integrated. Geoff?
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset?new=12516%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2-fortran&old=10862%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2
>
>> v2-ips/
>
> This contains some work towards IPS, I'll integrate later into one branch to consolidate.
>
>> v2-relocate/
>
> This was for making relocatable packages which we don't do AFAIK, but it has been
> integrated AFAIR, Maciej?
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset?new=8335%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2-relocate&old=4939%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2

It wasn't me who was working on it. If we don't care about and/or
actively work on relocatable packages, let's kill this branch. We
could store the patch for future reference.

>> v2-solaris11/
>
> These are python changes for building SVR4 packages on Solaris 11. AFAIK they
> have been integrated. Yann, Maciej?
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset?new=18232%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2-solaris11&old=18080%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2

I don't know of any outstanding changes that Yann has, but let's wait
and see what he says.

>> v2-speedup-fetch/
>
> This was done by Sebastian, it looks unfinished.
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset?new=14200%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2-speedup-fetch&old=14158%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2

Most probably won't get finished. The change looks interesting and
follows my general idea about moving logic away from GAR. On the other
hand, I don't see fetching as a significant bottleneck. Maybe let's
create a patch from this branch, and store it somewhere, while
deleting the branch itself?

>> v2-sqlite/
>
> This contains some Python library changes by you, probably they
> have been integrated already:
>   http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset?new=10449%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2-sqlite&old=10433%40csw%2Fmgar%2Fgar%2Fv2

I can't remember what I wanted to do there. Deleted.