[csw-maintainers] Last remaining packages for the openssl migration (take 2)

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 21 09:23:22 CEST 2013

Hi Jonathan,

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Jonathan Craig <jcraig at opencsw.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Jon Craig:
>> ntop: No answer from Jon yet.
>>           Jon, do you think you will be able to work soon on these
>> packages ?
>

> I can re-roll this package against the new openssl but it will break current
> users.  Not sure how I should handle communication of the problems that will
> result from upgrading.  Users will need delete their current DBM files and
> lose their configurations and history.  I'm not prepared to write anything
> to handle the transition cleanly for them as the upstream hasn't provided
> any solution that I'm aware of.  I use ntop has a spot tool, so loss of
> config/history is really no big deal to me, but it may be to others.

I'd float this information out on the users@ list and see if someone
that does care about this use case is willing to donate a migration
tool for inclusion in the updated package?  I doubt that anyone will
but there is room for surprise.  At the very least, this will announce
the invasive change and give people time to prepare for it.

Thanks