[csw-maintainers] Last remaining packages for the openssl migration (take 2)

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Apr 21 10:38:41 CEST 2013

Hi Yann,

Am 20.04.2013 um 14:56 schrieb Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org>:
> Here is a new status update about of the libssl update (0.9.8 -> 1.0.0).
> Below is the list of the remaining packages, sorted by maintainer, that need to be updated before we can complete the migration.
>
> Only 15 packages remaining !! We have never been so close ! :)
>
> Alessio Cervellin ( Retired )
> nmap: No one stepped up so I will drop this package, however py_scapy still depends on it.
>             Dago, ca py_scapy be removed or can it be rebuilt without the nmap dependency ?

IIRC that was part of mmap, you can drop it.

> Benny von Mossner ( Sabbatical )
> pound and pound2: Dago is working on this ones.

Yeah, but no progress due to other things.

> Ben Walton
> libruby1_9_1_1 and ruby18: Ben is working on updating these packages (or rather on new ruby 2.0 packages)
>
> Dagobert Michelsen
> libarchive2 and libarchive_utils:  Dago takes care of it.

There are quite a lot of tests failing. Bug report is open without comment from upstream yet:
  http://code.google.com/p/libarchive/issues/detail?id=313&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20OpSys%20Owner%20Summary

> libcurl3: Should be dropped soon after being removed from the dependencies of curl and curl_rt_stub.

Starting with curl 7.29 something on the bootstrapping with autotools garbled the
linker flag inclusion, a bug is open:
  http://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1217/