[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Thu Aug 1 15:58:58 CEST 2013

2013/8/1 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>

> Yann Rouillard <yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org> writes:
> >
> What people need to understand is that a 2.6 non binary module can be
>  run by a 2.7 interpreter. The reverse is not always true. This is why I
> proposed to replace 2.6 by 2.7 in our next transition from unstable to a
> named catalog.

I thought Maciej provided a counter-example with the range function where
python 2.7 didn't run the code whereas python 2.6 worked. I may have missed
something in this long thread, wasn't the example valid ?

> This is not to be confused with the major incompatibilities between 2.x
> and 3.x where using a different prefix is required.

To keep thing consistent, I would prefer to have a CSWpy27- prefix if we
have a CSWpy3- our CSWpy33- prefix.
This way the user will not install a CSWpy- package while looking for a
module for python 3.

Yann