[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 2 13:23:18 CEST 2013

2013/8/2 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>>> BTW, we didn't decided on the delivery of .pyc and .pyo instead of
>>> compiling them at installation time. And for this I'm sure that I
>>> showed the proof.
>>
>> I think we've agreed to ship *.pyc in the package, because we will not
>> share one .py file across two Python interpreters: we will provide one
>> file for the 2.6 interpreter and one file for the 2.7 interpreter.
>
> I'm not convinced but I concede...

I'm confused. It was your idea, wasn't it?

I feel we run in circles, and nobody knows what other others think any
more. Let's try to solidify our plan on a wiki page. Here's a starter:
http://wiki.opencsw.org/python-module-locations

It represents what I'm thinking we could/should do. If there's
anything to be expressed in more detail or clarified, just edit the
page. I'll watch the edits. If I spot anything that needs more
discussion, I'll respond here.

> So, in this case, you agree that for 2.x modules the prefix is just
> CSWpy- and for 3.x modules is CSWpy3- ?

Yes.