[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 2 15:16:50 CEST 2013

2013/8/2 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Oh, I'm so sorry, I just read the reverse of what you mean. Indeed, we
> agreed on that. Sorry again., maybe I should restrain when the
> temperature is more than 32 Celsius.

It can be confusing, I know! We have a 90 message long thread and
we're agreeing! ;-)

Tu sum up:

Peter and I have a rough consensus how to go forward. Dagobert doesn't
like the 2.6+2.7 packages idea. Yann would prefer the CSWpy27- prefix.
One undecided thing is if it's okay for the Python modules to drop the
dependency on the interpreter(s).

I see how the 2.6+2.7 packages are ugly but I think they're a decent
pragmatic choice. It's true that the upgrade can be done with a small
shell script on each system, but requiring all users to run this makes
our package catalog harder to use, and I'm sure we would be getting
emails from people having problems. If we ship the dual packages,
things will just work.