[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Sat Aug 10 17:41:59 CEST 2013

We already had this discussion but we still didn't get a result.

Now, that I need to re-spin a lot of python modules to get their
multi-versioned packages I really feel the need of this.

In the work related to the availability of Python 2.7.x I inherited
without really willing the 2.x interpreters packages. I know that
the original maintainer can get them back by uploading a new
release, however it seems to me a little bit tedious and unduly
augment the already big cardinal of my maintained packages set.

What I propose is to define a new option to csw-upload-pkg, let
name it '--nmu' which doesn't change the maintainer of an already
cataloged package when an upload is given. The default action, when
this option is not given, is to change the maintainer.

I started to look at the code but I'm not really advancing as real
life activities are requesting my attention...

Is somebody familiar with the code and can implement this?

TIA
--
Peter