[csw-maintainers] Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs)

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Aug 15 01:15:24 CEST 2013

2013/8/14 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>    As we can see, there is no need of a new package field, nor to
>    query the database during the build to obtain the set of
>    maintainers.

OK, so your idea is that the package will know who built the package,
but will not know the maintainer set. One problem with this design is
that if you tear down and rebuild the package database, you will lose
the information about the maintainer sets. The same would happen with
private buildfarms, they would not have this information. So far, I was
always trying to enclose all the relevant information inside the
packages.

> 2. As for the persons implementing this, from an efficiency point of
>    view, who are the best suited candidates in your opinion?

Anyone who cares and understands at least a little bit of Python.
Whoever does it, will have to walk through multiple stages and levels
of data processing. If someone new takes on this task, they will learn
a lot about the infrastructure and improve our bus factor (yay!).