[csw-maintainers] our documentation source format

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Aug 16 11:56:09 CEST 2013

2013/8/16 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>
> Can we settle for a format or I'm starting a format war?

I don't think we have choice, everything is already established.

- Wikidot uses own language
- Our manual uses reStructuredText
- On the Wordpress website we use HTML or the WYSIWYG editor
- On Trac, we're using the Trac wiki syntax
- On the community site we're using Markdown

I think this is all the places we have. 5 markup languages total. It
sounds bad, but in practice markup languages are easy to learn, in
most cases you just look at the text around and you can write already.
If you want to something fancy, there are readily available syntax
references online.