[csw-maintainers] surprising set of packages when build spans 2 days

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Tue Feb 26 16:26:49 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

Am 26.02.2013 um 13:19 schrieb pfelecan <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> As we can see, all the architecture neutral packages, infix "all",
> are duplicated. This is not only a waste of space but also of
> time: it means that for each platform they are generated
> even though once is enough.

This is only true if you build both architectures at the same time.
Ideally they should be the same between sparc and i386, so if you
build both sparc and i386 on the same day, yes, it gets rewritten.
It could be excluded from all but the first requested arch, but
up to now it was not an issue.

> Can this be optimized by generating only once the "all" packages
> when using the "platforms" target?
>
> I don't know which is the effect of this on the packages upload
> but I'll test it very soon.

You will get collisions, so just throw away the packages from one arch
with archall.