[csw-maintainers] reminder on contributing on recipes

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Jan 9 21:24:26 CET 2013

Hi Ben,

Am 09.01.2013 um 20:17 schrieb Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
> This would be fine with me for all of the reasons you've listed. It's not a trivial change though as maintainership info is derived from package metadata. A gar override its the answer...
>
> In fact, simply making that info part of the recipe instead of storing it in .garrc would allow versioned take overs.
>
> Am I missing a downside here?

We could add something like
  MAINTAINER = dam
in the Makefile with the person currently maintaining the package which then goes to
  SPKG_EMAIL = $(MAINTAINER)@$(PKGDOMAIN)
if MAINTAINER is set and falls back to already defined SPKG_EMAIL
where PKGDOMAIN is preset in the global /etc/opt/csw/garrc

Best regards

  -- DAgo