[csw-maintainers] there is something rotten around checkpkg

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Jan 20 19:50:05 CET 2013

Large number of binaries can probably kill the data collection and storage
quite easily because the amount of data per binary is large. I'm starting
to think that keeping all elfdump output in one file / one blob might be
unworkable in the long run. We might need to keep symbols info from each
binary in a separate blob. Unfortunately, this would contribute to code
complexity.

The hint to skip elfdump and ldd would be in the recipe, yes. Then it would
be represented in the package itself, for example in pkginfo.