[csw-maintainers] Adding files from /usr/lib/64/ won't work

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 2 18:26:18 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-02 4:18 PM, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> Out of curiosity: why do you install stuff in /usr/lib? I thought that
> our standards preclude this...

At this point, it's still experimental: I'm not sure yet I'll push it
(if I get it to work).

Those files are used in nsswitch.conf. There's not much choice there: if
you need to use them, they must be in /usr/lib.
The idea is to put files in /opt/csw only, with a separate package with
only symlinks to make it an easy, optional installation for those who
want it. Better than let them mess with symlinks.

But obviously, the standard is too well respected, and there's not
enough practice of doing that, there are snags ;-)

Laurent