[csw-maintainers] Adding files from /usr/lib/64/ won't work

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 2 20:58:53 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-02 8:32 PM, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> I understand. Thank you for the explanation. However, it's not possible
> to put this files in the required place by extra-mgar, e.g.,
> postinstall?

That's the thing, I want them to be optional. IF putting them in a
postinstall, it means they'll be installed as part of something else.
I'd see that as a workaround, if messing with /usr, it might as well be
with a clean package.

> I'm very comfortable with this robustness...

Haha, well, there are a couple other packages that try to do things in
/usr already, and I'm not sure they still work.

/usr should be avoided at all costs, agreed. But it can't be completely
ignored :-)

Laurent