[csw-maintainers] Adding files from /usr/lib/64/ won't work

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 3 08:51:56 CEST 2013

Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org> writes:

> On 2013-07-02 8:32 PM, Peter FELECAN wrote:
>> I'm very comfortable with this robustness...
>
> Haha, well, there are a couple other packages that try to do things in
> /usr already, and I'm not sure they still work.

They probably predate the current state of the mentioned robustness
implementation.

> /usr should be avoided at all costs, agreed. But it can't be completely
> ignored :-)

Avoidance is not ignorance. But, sure, if nss requires its elements in
/usr/lib then go for it. Sincerely, I don't understand your reluctance
to solve this through a post-install kludge. If it's thus solvable,
modifying mgar to support this is IMHO over-engineering.
--
Peter