[csw-maintainers] Adding files from /usr/lib/64/ won't work

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 3 11:13:21 CEST 2013

On 03/07/13 08:51, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> Avoidance is not ignorance. But, sure, if nss requires its elements in
> /usr/lib then go for it. Sincerely, I don't understand your reluctance
> to solve this through a post-install kludge. If it's thus solvable,
> modifying mgar to support this is IMHO over-engineering.

I just don't see the benefit of a script, and I do see an issue (being
non optional as part of another package). I like stuff to be properly
referenced by pkginfo, unless it's an editable configuration file.
Installing a new package, I would certainly prefer it using proper
system tools to modify /usr than having a script go tinker with it (and
have to deal with -R, zones, whatever). Why bother? There's packaging
already. Why does it shock you to use a package to install things in /usr?

AFAICT, mgar *should* support it already, since the mechanism is there.
It's just either a little underdocumented or not quite polished. So that
should be clarified.

Laurent