[csw-maintainers] Adding files from /usr/lib/64/ won't work

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 3 11:41:06 CEST 2013

Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org> writes:

> On 03/07/13 08:51, Peter FELECAN wrote:
>> Avoidance is not ignorance. But, sure, if nss requires its elements in
>> /usr/lib then go for it. Sincerely, I don't understand your reluctance
>> to solve this through a post-install kludge. If it's thus solvable,
>> modifying mgar to support this is IMHO over-engineering.
>
> I just don't see the benefit of a script, and I do see an issue (being
> non optional as part of another package). I like stuff to be properly
> referenced by pkginfo, unless it's an editable configuration
> file. Installing a new package, I would certainly prefer it using
> proper system tools to modify /usr than having a script go tinker with
> it (and have to deal with -R, zones, whatever). Why bother? There's
> packaging already. Why does it shock you to use a package to install
> things in /usr?

You can use installf(1M) to take into account the components thus
installed.

It doesn't shock me per se. If it's exceptional it should be treated
exceptionally. What I propose is just that kind of treatment.

> AFAICT, mgar *should* support it already, since the mechanism is
> there. It's just either a little underdocumented or not quite
> polished. So that should be clarified.

It's up to whoever maintains that to decide if the effort required to
enhance that is worth the bother.
--
Peter