[csw-maintainers] Filezille, wxwidgets and C++

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 4 15:49:27 CEST 2013

On 04/07/13 15:38, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> How can we test the performance on SPARC between programs built with
> these compilers?
>
> Have you some references about this issue? Is there a benchmark used to
> substantiate it?

I used to bench it using "openssl speed". That was a long time ago, and
Studio was definitely much faster then. I've not done it recently.

> In what you propose, we still use g++ on the very platform which has a
> performance issue and with SS on the platform where g++ doesn't. Why not
> go with g++ on all platforms in this case?  Maintenance wise is less
> complex, isn't it?

Yes, I agree. I see it mostly as a way to try it, even if sadly, it's
not possible to try it where it'd be most needed.
And as I'm maintaining that particular bit, it's not just something I'm
pushing on somebody else. The goal is to provide wxwidget with g++ ABI
to others. As to how I do it, they should not worry about that ;-)

Laurent