[csw-maintainers] Filezille, wxwidgets and C++

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 4 19:20:07 CEST 2013

Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org> writes:

> On 04/07/13 15:58, Peter FELECAN wrote:
>> Can you elaborate a bit on "openssl speed"? You agree that we are not
>> talking about SS speed but the speed of binaries built with SS, isn't
>> it?
>
> Yup, it's a standard openssl command. Just type "openssl speed", it
> gives you a nice bench. I've found it useful to compare raw binary
> efficiency and also the effect of different compiler optimization
> settings. One interesting thing is that not all algorithms tested get
> the same results, so it's a rather comprehensive test. Ie, when I
> tested on x86, some algorithms performed better with GCC, others with
> Studio, but overall, Studio was superior.

Maybe I misunderstood the issue but openssl is implemented mostly in C
and there is no C++. Consequently, the above described benchmark is
about code generation when the source is C but we are discussing g++
against SSCC as C++ compilers, wxwidgets being mainly C++. BTW, is
wxwidgets in the class of libraries requiring such a great optimization,
such as openssl, that it doesn't suffer a little bit of lag on SPARC?
--
Peter