[csw-maintainers] Integrating unstable→testing — handover

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 10 11:32:21 CEST 2013

Hello maintainers,

I'd like to hand over the unstable→testing integration to someone
else. It's a periodic task, where you take an existing state of
unstable, create a list of operations to bring testing to the same
state, then you review the list and if it looks good, you execute it.
If it doesn't look good (e.g. there's a broken package in unstable),
you manually remove this package from the list.

For example:

lib/python/integrate_catalogs.py \
  --from-catalog=unstable \
  --to-catalog=kiel \
  -o to_kiel_17.sh

vim to_kiel_17.sh

# Looks good?
bash to_kiel_17.sh

The number 17 is just there for tracking; I'm keeping the previous
generated integration scripts to keep track of what I've done in the
past.

The task requires some tracking of the state of unstable, e.g. you
need to know if unstable is in a good enough shape to be
integrated/copied to testing.

What's the prize? There's no prize, except for the eternal gratitude
of our users. The current unstable catalog is due to integration, so
if anyone wants to take it on, there's immediately something to do.

Any takers?