[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Ben Walton bwalton at opencsw.org
Sat Jul 20 09:31:38 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> 2013/7/18 Ben Walton <bwalton at opencsw.org>:
>> I spent a good amount of effort last fall on 2.7 packaging. I have working
>> packages and rebuilt a pile of modules... I just didn't get all the way
>> through the stack. There is a wiki page tracking the process.
>
> http://wiki.opencsw.org/project-python2libdir
>
> The writeup is about Python 2.6, looks like it was a 2.6-related work.

If I were testifying in court, I'd have sworn it was 2.7 I worked on.
But it seems I'd be a poor witness. :(

If the plan is to get to 2.7 (which I think is the right thing) then
maybe we could take what I've done, which puts libraries where they
belong and then build all of the new modules for 2.7?

Thanks