[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 22 10:47:28 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2013/7/20 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> Anyhow, I don't get why we
>> cannot do this in the unstable catalog. Support for 2.7 and associated
>> eco-system should be a transition criteria from unstable to the next to
>> next stable / named catalog.
>
> Unstable is unstable... but preferably not so unstable that Python
> doesn't work any more. If we want to perform a grand rebuild, we have
> the beanie catalog specifically for this kind of work.

Again, I don't get why we cannot do this kind of transition in
unstable. Maybe I do not understand what we call unstable. Especially
when 2.6 is not doomed by what I propose. Also, you don't state the
rationale about why a 2.6 code doesn't work in a 2.7 interpreter (except
"binary" modules for which I don't have a clear identification yet,
neither in quality nor in quantity).
--
Peter