[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Thu Jul 25 11:29:12 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> Just a quick update: I did some testing and it seems like 2.6 with a
> versioned directory plus an extra path in the module search path does work.
> It's now pushed into unstable ‒ please test.

1. Installed the new package:

   PKGINST:  CSWpython
      NAME:  python - A high-level scripting language, 2.6 series
   CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  i386
   VERSION:  2.6.8,REV=2013.07.22

2. alternatives --list

   python-symlink

   Can we use a more "natural" name, such as python? Or, maybe there is
   a reason for using this name that I didn't get yet...

3. Installed self packaged Python 2.7, revision 21549.

   Every sub-package containing Python code has some class error:

   CSWpython27:

     Compiling py files to normal bytecode ...
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/filecmp.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/netrc.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/runpy.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py
     Compiling py files to optimized bytecode ...
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/filecmp.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/netrc.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/runpy.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/zipfile.py

   CSWpython27-tk:

     Compiling py files to normal bytecode ...
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/test/test_ttk/test_functions.py
     Compiling py files to optimized bytecode ...
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/test/test_ttk/test_functions.py

   CSWidle27:

     Compiling py files to normal bytecode ...
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/idlelib/EditorWindow.py
     Compiling py files to optimized bytecode ...
     Error compiling: /opt/csw/lib/python2.7/idlelib/EditorWindow.py

   Maybe this is due to the "current" Python which is 2.6 according to
   alternatives --display python-symlink (sic)
--
Peter