[csw-maintainers] reinplace before extract?

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Jul 26 18:58:24 CEST 2013

Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> writes:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Am 26.07.2013 um 12:12 schrieb Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>
>> I observe a very strange phenomenon: in the qt4-gcc recipe there is the
>> following:
>>> What intrigues me is that I have 2 instances of the reinplace call: one
>> before the extraction and the other one after; however, there are to
>> instances of the information message: "[extract-modulated] complete for
>> qt."
>>
>> In the end the reimplacement is executed but the initial error messages
>> are disturbing.
>
> Short answer: This is safe to ignore.
>
>> Can a knowledgeable soul explore and explain?
>

> Sure. This is due to modulations, some phases are done in global modulation,
> some in isa-specific modulations. In the global modulation all files from DISTFILES
> are *copied* to $(WORKDIR), in isa-specific modulations these files are *unpacked*
> to the isa-specific $(WORKDIR). As reinplacements are invoked after the extract
> phase they may fail if they are applied to files resulting from unpacking in
> global context. The rationale is that it may be necessary to put files from DISTFILES
> verbatim in a package, this is doable by copying them during merge from global
> phase to $(PKGROOT).

Thank you Dago for the explanation. Frankly, I don't like this kind of
pseudo-errors. Is there a simple way to avoid them? For example, to
enrich the definition domain for the WHEN clause of reinplace.

> An alternative solution would be to specifically define to which phase you would
> like to apply the reinplacement.

That is. As a mgar user, can I do something in the recipe for that, or a
divine intervention is necessary? See above suggestion.
--
Peter