[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sun Jul 28 12:18:55 CEST 2013

2013/7/26 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>

> > The newly updated CAS displays underlying errors. To answer my own
> > question, these errors occur when compiling 2.7 core modules with the
> > 2.6 interpreter. The failures reported are all about the new bits of
> > syntax.
>
> Which is nominal. The reverse would be not. But, solving the propagation
> of the interpreter version to the CAS script will solve out issue, isn't
> it?

Yes, but it would be interpreter versions, in plural, because one
package could contain files for more than one version of the
interpreter.

I rewrote the pycompile CAS to support multiple Python versions, using
very simple pattern matching.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/changeset/21563 (I wrote 2012 by
mistake. Already corrected.)

It passes the smoke test on my VM, I'm pushing it to unstable.

I wanted to avoid using files for caching file lists, but I think I'll
revert it back to a state where lists of files to compile are saved.
The reason is that it current starts calling the interpreter before
all files are saved, so some of the compilation invocations are
failing. This should be an easy fix.