[csw-maintainers] Fwd: /usr/bin/env: No such file or directory

rupert THURNER rupert at opencsw.org
Mon Jul 29 01:01:06 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 11:33 PM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
<maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
> 2013/7/28 rupert THURNER <rupert at opencsw.org>:
>> yes, i see they switched to scons. should mgar handle that
>> automatically, or what do you expect me to do in this case? when i run
>> rupert @ unstable10x :
>> ~/opencsw/libserf/trunk/work/solaris10-i386/build-isa-pentium_pro/serf-1.3.0
>> $ scons -Q
>>
>> scons: *** Directory path for option PREFIX does not exist: /usr/local
>> File "/home/rupert/opencsw/libserf/trunk/work/solaris10-i386/build-isa-pentium_pro/serf-1.3.0/SConstruct",
>> line 133, in <module>
>
> Generally, when you take on builds with anything that isn't autotools,
> things never work out of the box. You need to work out a way to
> compile the sources and then encode them in the Makefile. If you're
> looking for possible things to do, you can grep existing Makefiles for
> scons, maybe something interesting will show up?

i found mongodb, and i tried to convert the Makefile to call scons
with the correct options. currently i am stuck at:

scons: Building targets ...
cc -o context.o -c -std=c89 -Wdeclaration-after-statement
-Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -mt -DNDEBUG -DSOLARIS2=9
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I.
-I/opt/csw/include -I/opt/csw/bdb48/include -I/usr/include context.c
cc: Warning: illegal option -d=c89
cc: illegal option -Wdeclaration-after-statement
scons: *** [context.o] Error 1

SConstruct contains this in the lines of:
if sys.platform != 'win32':
  env.Append(CFLAGS='-std=c89')
  env.Append(CCFLAGS=[
               '-Wdeclaration-after-statement',