[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Jul 30 09:56:31 CEST 2013

2013/7/30 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Packaging for Solaris 9 was deprecated last year and it was an activity
> based on voluntary work. Consequently, this is a non issue.

Yes, but it changes the game for the volunteers. Previously:

- If you want to volunteer to build a Solaris 9 package, you simply
use the build tools as usual and you resolve any potential Solaris 9
specific problems.

After:

- if you want to volunteer to build a Solaris 9 package, you have to
rework all the tooling and release them for Solaris 9, but even
releasing doesn't work so you have a chicken and egg problem and you
need low-level access to the buildfarm to do anything.

What I'm saying is that it will make it practically impossible for
people to volunteer. To say that you can just volunteer to build a
Solaris 9 package if you wish, would no longer be honest of us.