[csw-maintainers] Python 2.7

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed Jul 31 09:05:45 CEST 2013

I've built a proof of concept package with a module for two Python versions.

http://buildfarm.opencsw.org/pkgdb/srv4/0d104a066cc756f822da96867d760a6f/

You can execute the command listed at the bottom of the page to
examine the metadata such as the list of files.

I'm talking to Dago about how to best add category-level modulations.
When we're done with that, we'll mass-rebuild all the Python modules
with the new setting.

I'm also trying to get Python 2.7 to work on Solaris 9. When running
the test suite, test_threading is hanging, and it looks like a bug to
me. I've filed http://bugs.python.org/issue18605 to see what does the
upstream say.