[csw-maintainers] Self-interview after leaving the NetBSD board

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Sun Jun 23 22:47:52 CEST 2013

Hi folks,

Am 23.06.2013 um 11:18 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński:
> This is a blog entry from a guy I used to know, involved in the NetBSD project.
>
> http://julipedia.meroh.net/2013/06/self-interview-after-leaving-netbsd.html
>
> The last time I spoke to him some years ago, he was working on a
> system checking / diagnostic utility. I never had a chance to talk to
> him about being a board member, but he recently wrote a blog post
> about it.
>
> I liked the part about taking risk.

Woah, that was kind of Deja Vu when I read about the poll for changing the
version control system. Kind of frightening. Are we already there?
The time issue is a strong one - you spent that much time as the project
is worth for you. I do still feel strong about the project, but especially
the visionary things usually are put down in favor of quickly done necessities.

Maybe we can come up with something "visionary" where more people are
working on, so you have mutual encouragement and gratification. Maybe
a topic which is already long-standing on the agenda. I guess the
automatic source builds for BTS could be something like that. It would
need work in several areas, like GAR, checkpkg and recipes and would
be doable, if at all, only as joint effort.

Maybe other maintainers have other (more?) visions?