[csw-maintainers] How to remove dialog_minimal from unstable?

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Mar 20 11:15:57 CET 2013

Hi Peter,

Am 20.03.2013 um 11:07 schrieb Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>:
> I got a request to rebuild dialog with a separate lib so this
> developer could link his software to it.
>
> So I split the package and also updated to a new upstream version.
> Doing this was rather complicated due to dialog using alternatives so
> Phil could have his minimalist dialog not depending on ncurses.
>
> I decided to skip this so now I need to get rid of dialog_minimal from
> the catalogs. I assume I should take care of that before uploading the
> new set but how?

This depends on the step you want to take. Do you just want to drop
dialog_minimal or make an obsoletion by the normal dialog?

In the first case I guess you need to
  pkgdb removepkg `gmd5sum <dialog_minimal…>`
or
  pkgdb del-from-cat <osrel> <arch> <cat-release> `gmd5sum <dialog_minimal…>`

Maciej: right?