[csw-maintainers] I'm currently breaking things on the buildfarm

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Mar 29 17:58:22 CET 2013

I'm done. Two main things changed:

- New packages will be stored in JSON, not in the python pickle
format. The restful interface will no longer need to deserialize the
pickle format and encode in JSON, it'll just take whatever bytes are
in the database and serve that. The database allows for storing both
pickle and JSON formats.

mysql> select data_obj_mimetype, count(*) from srv4_file_stats group
by data_obj_mimetype;
+---------------------------+----------+
| data_obj_mimetype         | count(*) |
+---------------------------+----------+
| application/json          |        1 |
| application/python-pickle |    26665 |
+---------------------------+----------+
2 rows in set (2.12 sec)

- We now record who and when added which package to which catalog.
Note that it doesn't have to be the package maintainer, although it
usually is. Of course, this only applies to things happening from this
point onwards, and not retroactively.

mysql> describe srv4_file_in_catalog;
| Field       | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
| id          | int(11)     | NO   | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| arch_id     | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| osrel_id    | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| catrel_id   | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |
| srv4file_id | int(11)     | NO   | MUL | NULL    |                |