[csw-maintainers] Last remaining packages for the openssl migration (take 3)

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Sun May 12 14:22:36 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

Here is a new status update about of the libssl update (0.9.8 -> 1.0.0).
Below is the list of the remaining packages, sorted by maintainer, that
need to be updated before we can complete the migration.

Oh my god ! Only 7 packages remaining !!

*Benny von Mossner ( Sabbatical )*
pound <http://www.opencsw.org/p/pound> and
pound2<http://www.opencsw.org/p/pound2>:
Dago is still working on this ones.

Dago, have you been able to make some progress ? The recipe is in good
shape, isn't it ? What is missing to release the new packages ?

*Ben Walton*
libruby1_9_1_1 <http://www.opencsw.org/p/libruby1_9_1_1> and
ruby18<http://www.opencsw.org/p/ruby18>:
Ben is still working on updating these packages (or rather on new ruby 2.0
packages).

Ben, have you been able to make some progress ? Do you need some help ?

*Dagobert Michelsen*
libcurl3 <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/libcurl3/>: blocked by a
compilation issue forwarded upstream:
http://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1217/

No answer from upstream since April, 23rd. I am afraid it might take a long
time.
Dago, do you think that, like for libarchive, you could just release an
updated 7.11.2 package so we don't depend on the compilation bug being
resolved ?

*Jon Craig:*
ntop <http://www.opencsw.org/p/ntop>: Blocked by the gdbm upgrade and
automake issues.

Jon, I noticed Ben committed a fix for the automake problem. Is it ok now ?
Do you think you will be able to release the new package soon ?

*Dominique Laigle:*
erlang <http://www.opencsw.org/packages/erlang/>: I missed that one
previously because it contains no binary linked against libssl. Either it
is an error or erland dynamically loads the ssl library with dlsym.*
*

Whatever, I think I will drop this package unless someone objects.
Dominique Laigle is not a maintainer anymore, the package has not been
updated since 2007 and I am not sure compiling erland under Solaris is a
piece of cake.
So, is someone motivated to take over this package ?

Thanks in advance for your help on this migration !

Yann