[csw-maintainers] [csw-buildfarm] Problem during upload again

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Wed May 15 10:57:32 CEST 2013

2013/5/15 Peter Bonivart <bonivart at opencsw.org>:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński
> <maciej at opencsw.org> wrote:
>> I was working on the backend, so you caught one of the short time
>> windows when upload wasn't working. Should I send email to the list
>> when I'm working on the buildfarm?
>
> Maybe you should send one when you're not working on it. ;)

Heh. :-)

By the way, you might have not noticed that your first run actually
succeeded. You saw an error message, so you didn't check the $?
variable or the catalog content, but I bet you €100 it was correct.

Why? Because of the new retry code. I noticed that on my VM, when
running a lot of HTTP queries for a long time, a query might
occasionally fail with no obvious reason. Since all RESTful calls are
idempotent, it's safe to retry, so I added some rudimentary retry
logic a few weeks ago. In your first run, one of the queries failed
with a HTTP 500, but it waited a few seconds, tried again, and the
retried run has succeeded, so the process could move forward. So this
failure was so transient that didn't even break your csw-upload-pkg
run! Yay REST + idempotence.