chkpkg and soname-unused

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Mon Nov 4 22:45:24 CET 2013

Ok, it seems that this is caused by a recent patch, 147147-26, which
changed the behaviour of the "-z ignore" option.
Indeed the changelog contains the following line:
    7051963 ld's -z ignore processing is too simplistic

I opened a bug on Oracle support to have more information, meanwhile I will
disable the check so everybody doesn't have to add overrides for this
problem. The messages about soname-unused will still be printed for
information but they will not cause an error in the packaging process.

So you can "mgar update" and remove the overrides on tracker and gamin.

Yann