chkpkg and soname-unused

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Nov 5 13:05:37 CET 2013

2013/11/5 Rafael Ostertag <raos at opencsw.org>

> Hmm, just tried to upload package into catalog, and it died on me while
> inserting into Solaris 11 catalog w/ the message I might use
>
> CHECKPKG_OVERRIDES_CSWfontconfig += soname-unused|libthread.so.1|is|needed|by|/opt/csw/bin/fc-scan|but|never|used
>
> to get rid of the error. Is there anything you could do about that?

The procedure to change a check (which we never wrote down or followed):

1. Submit the new code to the repository.
2. The world is now in an inconsistent state. Announce that on maintainers@
3. Rebuild the cswutils package and upload to unstable
3. Wait until you get the confirmation email
4. Email buildfarm@ asking to update the cswutils package on the login host
5. Wait for confirmation from the buildfarm people; verify that the
package is updated.
6. The world is in a consistent state again. Announce on maintainers at .

Otherwise you'll get the symptoms like Rafi describes.