Renaming only the catalog name for a package

Dagobert Michelsen dam at opencsw.org
Wed Nov 6 10:46:09 CET 2013

Hi Rafi,

Am 06.11.2013 um 10:39 schrieb Rafael Ostertag <raos at opencsw.org>:
> I face the following situation: The package `CSWpango' has `libpango' as
> catalog name. Now, I would like to give it only a new catalog name so that I
> end up with `CSWpango' and the catalog name `pango'. How do I do that, without
> breaking everything?

The catalog name is not very important in terms of upgrades as only the package
name is used for pkgutil. Do you want to keep any files (like pango-view) in it?

If yes just change the catalog name, keep the file and make it depend on all libs
that are required by packages currently depending on CSWpango so the libs are pulled
in if needed.

  PACKAGES += CSWpango
  # CATALOGNAME_CSWpango is default
  PKGFILES += $(call baseisadirs,$(bindir),pango-view)
  RUNTIME_DEP_PKGS_CSWpango += CSWlibpango… (all of them)
  …

If CSWpango should not contain files any more make it obsoleted by all libraries like

  OBSOLETED_BY_CSWlibpango1-0 += CSWpango
  CATALOGNAME_CSWpango = libpango_stub
  …

This way you can keep the catalog name.