Package mixture between global- and nonglobal-zones

Peter Bonivart bonivart at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 9 14:33:43 CET 2013

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> we get bug reports from time to time about people who don't initially get
> the concept of global-zone packages, e.g.
>   https://www.opencsw.org/mantis/view.php?id=5121
>
> What do you think about a package CSWglobalzone which is a metapackage
> depending on all packages needed in the globalzone? (CSWcas-*)

I think that's a good idea, whether this should just pull in
cswclassutils or that package should be renamed or the new package
pull in the individual packages doesn't matter to me.

I do think this should be in the "getting started" as well. By the
way, I don't like much that it goes to a redirect to another site that
is much too complicated. Why not have a real simple step-by-step with
little or no explanation directly on the web site and just link to the
more comprehensive version for those who really need to know about
mirrors and cryptographic verification e.g?

/peter