Cleanup of experimental, long: please read anyway!

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Sat Nov 23 16:28:09 CET 2013

2013/11/23 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>
> If we have consensus
> I can add the removal instead of the note any time. Just delete older
packages or also
> identical name but other checksum?

Yes. We also need to set maintainers' expectations right: experimental is a
volatile place.
Hi Maciej,

Am 23.11.2013 um 12:02 schrieb Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński <
maciej at opencsw.org>:

2013/11/23 Dagobert Michelsen <dam at opencsw.org>

> There are lots of
> packages which I think can be removed as newer versions have been released

I'm trying to think of a reason why older versions of packages in
experimental/ shouldn't be removed automatically, and I can't think of a
good one.

Last time we talked about it it was felt too intrusive to just delete
stuff. Currently files
are only deleted if they are identical to the released packages. If we have
consensus
I can add the removal instead of the note any time. Just delete older
packages or also
identical name but other checksum?

"You don't become great by trying to be great, you become great by wanting
to do something,