[csw-maintainers] Buildfarm setup - documentation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 4 11:11:32 CEST 2013

2013/10/4 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>

> > As far as 'sudo' - I assumed that the instructions would be performed
> > as an unprivileged user. Otherwise people might think that these
> > instructions are meant for the root user, while they're really not.
> > What do you think?
>
> I understood the sudo usage but there is not the slightest indication
> about how to activate it.

What about this?
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gar/browser/csw/mgar/pkg/opencsw-manual/trunk/files/for-maintainers/buildfarm-setup.rst#L47

> I know that Google is your friend, at least
> when it's not your employer. What about using the discreet and
> quai-subliminal hints of # and $ ?

I'm not a fan. With Sphinx it's even worse, because it thinks that #
is a comment and screws up the rest of the line; Sphinx highlights
shell syntax and PS1 is not part of it, so you can't blame Sphinx.

If you insist on including instructions how to set up sudo, you can
copy the relevant snippet from my Usable Solaris howto.
http://usable-solaris.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/docs/solaris-10-preliminary-setup.html#_regular_user_setup

YOUR_REGULAR_USER=joe
pkgutil -y -i sudo
echo "${YOUR_REGULAR_USER} ALL =(ALL) ALL" >> /etc/opt/csw/sudoers
chmod 0440 /etc/opt/csw/sudoers