[csw-maintainers] Buildfarm setup - documentation

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 4 19:54:25 CEST 2013

"Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński" <maciej at opencsw.org> writes:

> 2013/10/4 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>
>> sqlobject.dberrors.OperationalError: Row size too large. The maximum
>> row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 65535. You
>> have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
>
> Looks like the missing max_allowed_packet setting.

But:

$ cat /etc/opt/csw/my.cnf
[mysqld]
max_allowed_packet=64M

how do you explain that? And, of course, the database server was started
after the insertion of these lines.

>> I have seen hour note on the cswutils issue with missing
>> dependencies. You need to state which is the correct context of usage
>> for pkgdb.
>
> This is done this way:
>
> cd .../path/to/gar/sources
> bin/pkgdb <command>

It wasn't clear at all ant, BTW I dare to disagree with the idea that
cswutils should not contain pkgdb and it must be run from mgar. The use
case for which I care is when the database server is not the building
machine.

--
Peter