[csw-maintainers] HEADS-UP: DKIM & DMARC compliant mailing lists

Laurent Blume laurent at opencsw.org
Sun Oct 13 14:41:35 CEST 2013

On 13/10/2013 13:12, Peter FELECAN wrote:
> Laurent Blume <laurent at opencsw.org> writes:
>
>> Is there a reason why we can't have the subject tags back? I do miss
>> them, the lack of them is making my opencsw.org box confusing.
>
> FWIW, you are probably alone wanting that back. FYI, there is the
> List-Id tag which can be used to filter and classify messages.

FWIW, I know I am not alone, since there is at least one other person
that asked about it on IRC.

FYI, if you bothered to read my messages, I was talking about my own
eyes. I'm not using those tags for automatic filters. I am using them so
I can recognize messages easily without having to waste more time
creating filters. I already have dozens of filters. I am up to my nose
in filters, procmail filters, firefox filters, outlook/exchange filters.

I do not want to create more filters just because... just because what?
I do not even know what nail-looking problems this hammer-sized change
was supposed to fix. It would be easier for me to accept changing old
habits if I were explained why it's not an arbitrary.

I'll just unsubscribe.

Laurent