ifaddrs.h on Solaris 10

Jake Goerzen jgoerzen at opencsw.org
Fri Oct 18 23:40:39 CEST 2013

On 10/18/13 02:50, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> Jake Goerzen <jgoerzen at opencsw.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello maintainers,
>>
>> Some Linux software projects are implementing getifaddrs() and
>> freeifaddrs() defined in ifaddrs.h included with Solaris 11, but how do
>> we build on Solaris 10 which doesn't have ifaddrs.h?  I'm curious to
>> hear what other maintainers are doing about this.
> getifaddrs() is not in the standard and it has been added very recently (a
> short time before Oracle stopped working on OpenSolaris).
>
> It is obvious that programs that expect getifaddrs(), cannot be called "portable".
> Did you contact the maintainers?
>
> Jörg

Hi Jörg,  yea unfortunately, a lot of programmers are not concerned with
portability or even Solaris as a compile target anymore.  The project in
question is dnsmasq.  I'm working on porting it to compile on Solaris
10. I haven't contacted the maintainer yet but when I get it done I will
send them a patch.  In the mean time could someone give an URL to where
I could find source code to getifaddrs.c?  googling around I found this
post http://markmail.org/message/t74kvl63savhzrzp but I would prefer to
find it in the illumos/openindiana source.

Thanks,
/Jake