[csw-maintainers] #ifdef's for solaris versions

Riccardo Mottola rmottola at opencsw.org
Sat Sep 7 19:51:45 CEST 2013

Hi,

while a bit off-topic, since I am not speaking of software currently
packaged, I bet you experienced this in the past while porting. I also
hope GNUstep software will get into the packages sooner or later!

Are there reliable #ifdef's for identifying solaris? and then, in case,
its versions? I need certain  workaround for solaris and, furthermore
some are needed only for solaris 8/9, but no longer in 10+. (I'm
struggling with the missing stdint.h and the incomplete inttypes.h)

Ideally something like this:

#if solaris
#if Solaris=8
xxx
#else
#endif

On Mac, extremely convenient macros are provided where I can check for
each evrsion, including doing stuff like "<10.4."... but I did not find
equivalent. Since these these patches would go directly in upstream, I
need them no to impact anything else!

Thank you. I will later report my progress.

Riccardo