[csw-maintainers] Evaluating Gentoo Prefix

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Tue Sep 24 09:44:25 CEST 2013

2013/9/24 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Alright. But, at least for me, the specifications that you considered
> were opaque. If it's 1Gb of memory and 1 core virtualized then good
> luck; I'm not saying that it is not possible to optimize for that, what
> I'm thinking and say now is that for the moment, documentation wise, we
> should give the current specs of the only working build farm. When the
> optimization lowers the bar, the documentation can be changed.

OK, makes sense. Unfortunately I don't know the current requirements,
I don't own a spare machine large enough to actually run the current
code. With a lot of RAM (32GB?) it should run in one go, with less RAM
it will run out of memory and you'll have to restart the process a
couple times until it finishes.

I've listed all the locations to consolidate. All the information is
available already, it's a matter or rewriting the setup howto and
running it to verify that the instructions are actually correct. Is
anyone up for doing that?