[csw-maintainers] how to make mod_wsgi, mod_python dual ?

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Thu Sep 26 18:33:08 CEST 2013

2013/9/26 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
>> In general, we can drop mod_python, it's a thing of the past.
>
> Can you explain? Am I wrong that trac uses mod_python?

Web apps can have bindings for more than 1 interface. But mod_python
is obsolete for many years now. All python web apps support wsgi now.
Trac does too: http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracModWSGI

>> As far as building, can we use alternatives, or create two
>> incompatible packages?
>
> You mean for mod_wsgi? What's your preference?

Yes, we should build mod_wsgi and drop mod_python entirely. I'm
thinking we could have 1 package for 2.6 mod_wsgi and 1 package for
2.7 mod_wsgi, the two packages incompatible with each other, since you
can only load one at a time.

Or use alternatives ‒ whichever options looks better to you.