[csw-maintainers] Buildfarm setup - documentation

Maciej (Matchek) Bliziński maciej at opencsw.org
Fri Sep 27 10:45:59 CEST 2013

2013/9/24 Peter FELECAN <pfelecan at opencsw.org>:
> Great. Let me know when you think that I can start the verification.

I've made some additional changes, I added information about the web
app and the location of catalog generation scripts.

The buildfarm setup document is far from done:

- lot of optional stuff
- redundancy
- no notion of subsets of things you want to install: mgar?
mgar+checkpkg? mgar+checkpkg+compilers? mgar+checkpkg+generation?
mgar+checkpkg+generation+signing?
- ordering is probably wrong
- in many places there's just a textual description of what you're
supposed to do, but no copy-pastable lines to execute; existing
descriptions can be vague in places
- I'm not entirely sure it's complete, there still can be something
missing. I just added the missing information about the web apps.

I think it will resemble rewriting more than verification.

For the new code, we have this: http://wiki.opencsw.org/checkpkg#toc20
This is an actively maintained (by me) howto on setting up the
buildfarm database using the new code.