Removal of CSWruby18tk from CSWruby18 build

Yann Rouillard yann at pleiades.fr.eu.org
Tue Apr 22 15:09:58 CEST 2014

Hi Dago,

The rubytk doesn't compile anymore because pthread was enabled in the
tcl/tk package.
Either I enable pthread in ruby or it is disabled in tcl/tk.

I didn't enable pthread in ruby as I don't know enough the impact of such a
modification
and I choose to release a new ruby package relinked against libssl because
it doesn't change
the current situation. The rubytk package is still present
http://www.opencsw.org/packages/CSWruby18-tk/ and
if it has a problem, it has been present since tcl/tk was compiled with
phtread support.

I talked about it with you on IRC:

14:03 < chninkel> Dagobert: other question: did you change the
configuration option for the tcl/tk package ?
14:03 < chninkel> more precisely: did you added "--enable-pthreads" or
something like that ?
14:04 <@Dagobert> Maybe, I reworked them a long time ago together with some
other guy
14:04 <@Dagobert> Sorry, can't remember
14:04 <@Dagobert> Mmmhh.... CONFIGURE_ARGS += --enable-threads
14:04 <@Dagobert> Probably.
14:05 < chninkel> this was probably not good for the rubytk package
14:05 <@Dagobert> *Sigh**
14:06 < chninkel> I am not sure if I should enable pthreads in ruby, ask to
disable threads in tcl/tk or drop rubytk

What does your customer need exactly ? The ruby18_tk package is still
present in unstable.

I could be on IRC tonight, we could talk about it.

Yann